Sunday 7 October 2012

Slanghoek triathlon: a fun challenge among friends

Soon after the Robben Island triathlon, I spent one week in Belgium for work and to see my family. It was a busy time, socially and professionally. Now, after a week of indulging in croissants, Belgian chocolates, mussels and beers, I am getting back into my regular training schedule. And I have identified a new challenge to help me stay on track: the Slanghoek triathlon.

Three of my colleagues are joining me, but they are doing the relay version, i.e. one guy will swim 600m, another will do the 15km of MTB, and the last one will run 7km. I am challenging them to beat me. Should be fun, whatever the outcome of the challenge may be. Slanghoek also seems to be an incredibly beautiful venue, which contributes to the overall goal of finding balance between work and pleasure : )




No comments:

Post a Comment